Wednesday, February 9, 2011

HEARTS AT HOME

Well since I couln't move around much the first couple of days after my surgery, I sat around stitching (totally by hand) these little hearts for my home.
And here are some shots of my dining room table, I literally just threw this together in less than 5 minutes, Just wanted to have a little bit of Love. Got the little heart cookies at dollar general ($2 for 10) I wouldn't dare eat them, but they are cute for decoration (should've taken the plastic off though)

and here is a pillow I got a few years ago at one of Homestead's warehouse sales
HOPE YOU HAVE A WARM COZY EVENING!!!

7 comments:

  1. Your hand stitched Hearts are so sweet. Wow, even post-surgical you're busy, busy creating beauty, the vignette is so pretty, loving the cloche full of buttons! I find stitching by hand to be very relaxing and meditative. Perhaps one day I shall learn to use a sewing machine to be able to sew longer (alas arthritis causes some limitations), but there is just something to doing everything by hand that has always appealed to me. In response to the comment you left on my Post... you should be fearlessly confident about your Art because it is absolutely magnificent Binky!

    Happy Valentine's Day... Dawn... The Bohemian

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the hearts, the burlap is perfect!

    Your pups look so cozy by the fireside, that's my goal for this year...a wood burning stove, these Iowa winters are brutal...hmmmmmm...maybe Florida for the winter!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you have a quick and easy (relatively speaking) recovery! Kristi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful hearts and a beautiful home! sweet puppy dogs too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those hearts are stunning! Just love them. And the buttons under the dome....Love it. So glad I found your blog. Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope for a speedy recovery for you. Thr hand stitched hearts are wonderful Mary

    ReplyDelete
  7. So. much. goodness!!!! I love it all! Your gorgeous heart creations and glimpses of your home ~ the buttons under the glass cloche....the sweet smiling puppies ~ I absolutely love everything! Wishing you fast healing from your surgery ~ hugs and love, Dawn

    ReplyDelete