Monday, August 20, 2012

Wonderful Saturday

This is the first time I have posted from my phone. And i'm not sure how to get the pictures where I want them to be.

What a wonderful saturday I had!!! After hitting a few sales and scoring some fabulous funk for the shop I headed over to Robin's for the second day of her Magnolia Pearl antique sale. I was so thrilled to receive a pair of bloomers that Robin had made from some vintage barkcloth that she bought from me the first time we met. Such a sentimental and sweet gesture. To the delight of all who were there a magical sort of wise man , I might even go so far as call him a wizard ,appeared. He enlightened us with his philosophy and thoughts. He told us that life is a gift from God that too many of us take for granted and that beauty and justice are eternal. I hope to get to visit with him again.

Then after that I went to Fredericksburg Trade Days. Theresa Canoe and her husband Cruz had great stuff. And of course Sister 's treasures always has a nice selection.

I was gifted a Folk magazine by my dear friend Anne Lorys which features her charming farm house.

Then I came home and took a nap and spent a nice evening with Dream man.

3 comments:

  1. Oh Binky, you did a great job blogging from your phone, I'm not confident to try that yet? So glad to see you and you took some great pics too. What a wise man indeed. Have a great week, T

    ReplyDelete
  2. These photos are GREAT, Binky!
    And wasn't Johan fascinating? I could imagine sitting at his feet and listening to him weave many a tale. I love the photo you sent me of him and Robin.

    It's always a good day when I get to see you!

    XO,
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was great to see you, Binky. I have the ap Blogger and tried posting a blog while on vacation but can't seem to find it! Go figure! lol Gotta love the computer age.
    Wish I could have met this sage man, he sounds fascinating.
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete