Monday, December 12, 2011

FREDERICKSBURG CHRISTMAS HOME TOUR

Oh, oh, oh, What beautiful homes I saw on the Fredericksburg home tour. It was so amazing, I wish I had had more time, I wanted to linger in each home and take it all in. Actually, I wanted to live in each home.

My first stop was the home of Danny and Jill Elliot. Jill and I worked together at Homestead, so we go way back. Her style is absolutely gorgeous!!! Very femanine, very vintage, very beautiful. The Elliot's home was built around 1911 and sits on sixteen acres very close to town. The original rock house had only four rooms. Danny and Jill have lovingly restored the home, and the additions they made blend beautifully with the historic structor. Jill owns the charming shop Haberdashery on Main Street in Fredericksburg.


My next stop was the newly constructed home of Eric and Jennifer Bryla. The home, which was just completed in October of this year, is a mixture of industrial elements with vintage found pieces used as built-ins. Lots of windows allow for spectacular views of the 15 acre property and surrounding hill country.

I couldn't get photos of the next few houses because I didn't know the owners and I didn't have permission, I did get this outside shot.
The Mark and Susan Wheeler home was fabulous. Built in the early 1920's the home was used as a showcase pressed tin by a local salesman. Different patterns of tin were used in the ceilings and walls, and even on the front porch. It was really spectacular.
Chris and Kelly McDaniel's home was stunningly beautiful. They did such a wonderful job redoing it and adding a rock guesthouse. The screened in porch was fantastic, and the outdoor shower was amazing. Margo, owner of Skye and Henry's worked with Kelly on all her window treatments and bed linens, and they were beautiful!!! I took a lot more pictures, but sadly these are the only ones that turned out.
So there you have it, the Fredericksburg Home Tour. Pretty fabulous huh?

5 comments:

  1. Ohhhh so pretty!! I LOVE the homes
    and I LOVE Fredericksburg!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. abs gorgeous- you are a doll for sharing all this loveliness!

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, it WAS a fabulous home tour! I do the Fredericksburg tour each December and this year was one of the best. So much creativity and talent and lovingly decorated homes! I can't thank you enough for posting your photos! I resorted to scribbling down notes once I got back in my car after visiting each house! Seeing your photos is like being there all over again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I could have gone with you!!!!
    Now I have some serious house envy, great photos!

    XOXO,
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous indeed! I love Fredericksburg. I wish it were a wee-tad closer to me!
    -Revi

    ReplyDelete